By registering and/or applying to register to use the Lab (which consists of the edit lab, sound lab and ideas lab and the community space), you the user and registered Member (“you”) agree to these terms and conditions (which may be amended by us from time to time). If you do not accept these terms, you shall not be able to use the Lab.
Using the Lab
- The Lab is owned by twofour54 FZ-LLC (“we”, “us” and “our”) and is an independent space available for you to use for non-professional work, in accordance with these terms and conditions, between 10am and 10pm, seven days per week. These hours and days will be adjusted to take account of Ramadan and other public holidays and we will inform you of such adjustments.
- You must treat other Lab users and our staff with respect, courtesy and in accordance with the political, cultural and social sensitivities in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”).
- Only registered members (“Members”) of the Creative Lab community (register here) are allowed to use the Lab (unless specifically approved by us). To access the Lab you must leave a valid identification card at reception, and you must carry your community membership card at all times during your use of the Lab. If you are under 16, you must be accompanied by an adult community Member or a twofour54 employee. You are not allowed to enter any other areas in our buildings, with the exception of reception, the communal corridor and toilets on the second floor and the lifts.
- Whilst you are using the Lab, you must follow all instructions given by our staff and must comply with all of our policies and all laws, regulations and directions applicable in the Media Zone – Abu Dhabi, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the UAE, including those relating to cybercrime.
- Please respect the Lab and keep it tidy and clean by disposing of all litter. You are not allowed to take food or drink into the edit lab or sound lab or to smoke anywhere in the building including the Lab and the balcony. You accept that you will be liable for any damage caused to us by your breach of this term.
- If, in our opinion, you (and/or anyone accompanying you while on our premises) are not following these terms and conditions, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to:
- refuse you entry to the Lab or any part of the Lab; or
- require that you leave the Lab, or any part of it, immediately.
- Use of the Lab is at your own risk. You hereby waive the right to seek legal remedies for any mishaps, accidents and/or loss while in the Lab or on our premises.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us (including any and all of our officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your (and anyone who accompanies you while on our premises) conduct and welfare while on our premises.
- You must use the online booking system to book a specific time to use the edit lab, sound lab and ideas lab (the “facilities”). You can only use the facilities for your booked time and must arrive promptly. You are not allowed to book more than four hours per day in any of the facilities, unless agreed by us.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, you must inform us as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not arrive for your booked session without informing us, you may not be allowed to reserve the facilities again.
- You must leave the facilities promptly when your allocated time is finished to ensure they are available for the next user.
- We agree to provide equipment in the Lab, but we make no representations or warranties as to equipment functionality or suitability for your purposes.
- You must not cause any damage to the Lab or our equipment and must leave the Lab and equipment in the condition that they were provided to you. If you cause any damage to the Lab or our equipment, you must report such damage immediately and you will be responsible for paying the full cost of repair or replacement, as directed by us. If you lose any items in the Lab or lose any of our equipment, you must report such loss immediately and you will be responsible for paying the full cost to replace the lost item or equipment.
- If you notice any damage to the Lab or the equipment, you must report this immediately to our staff.
Your information and content (“data”), equipment and other property
- You must ensure that all of your equipment (this includes all software, laptops and other electrical and wireless equipment) that you use in the Lab is in good order, safe for use and is used in a safe and legal manner. We reserve the right to require you to remove your data and/or your equipment or any other property from the Lab.
- You must use an external drive to store your work but must not install or integrate any of your other equipment with the facilities or our equipment.
- To ensure compliance with these terms and conditions, we may monitor and record your data and use of the facilities. You agree to this monitoring and recording where we deem it appropriate. We also operate CCTV to ensure safety and security in the Lab and, by using the Lab, you agree to be filmed for these purposes.
- You must ensure that all of your data, equipment and other property is removed from the Lab when you leave. Any data, equipment and/or other property left by you at the Lab may be removed and/or disposed of by us, without liability to us.
- You must ensure that your data and/or equipment used at the Lab contains no virus, trojans or other materials which are malicious or technologically harmful and may affect in any way our facilities, equipment or IT systems and that all data complies with the political, cultural and social sensitivities in the UAE.
- We shall not in any circumstances accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to any of your data, equipment or other property (including any loss or damage caused due to viruses, trojans or other materials which are malicious or technologically harmful).